Wednesday, October 30, 2013

C4T #3

C4T #3

 Dr. Will chatting online

For my Third C4T comment 1, I was assigned to Dr. Will Deyamport. Dr. Will established this blog, “Peoplegogy” in 2009 to assist adults in improving both their professional and personal lives. Since then the blog has evolved to focus on the educational applications of digital media. He states that his mission is to use Peoplegogy to empower, educate, and lead discussions about how educators of all types are using digital media in their classrooms. Dr. Will’s most recent most discussed flipping professional development. It also included a video of an online global education conference he presented and an about me section. The video provided me with ideas on how I can use different technologies to individualize my professional developments. I also learned that Dr. Will Deyamport is an innovative thought leader in connected education. His research challenges the adoption of new learning environments and technologies, as well as how such technologies can be used by educators to individualize their professional development.

Comment 1:

In my response to Dr. Will’s post I first introduced myself as a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I stated that he provided me with a lot of information that will help me use technology to individualize my professional developments. I will be sure to visit his blog frequently when I begin working with my students. I believe his ideas will help me become a great educator with lots of knowledge. Not only will his blog benefit me professionally, it can benefit me personally as well.

For this week’s C4T, I chose a previous post from Mr. Deyamport blog of Peoplegogy. The post I was interested in was “Peoplegogy: My Sentence”. In this post, he included a video discussion with guest speakers Jerry Blumengton and Jaime Vandergrift. This video was the first episode of Peoplegogy Tv and discussed how educators can become their best selves. They provided their listeners with suggestions on connecting with others via Twitter, Facebook, blog, etc. Also, a “my sentence” video was discussed. A “my sentence” video will consist of an educator defining themselves with a sentence of choice.

Comment 2: I commented on this video to be very interesting. I believe as an educator, you should be able to define yourself. I am always up for new ways to better myself as an educator. Finding a sentence to define myself and passion was an assignment this semester in EDM 310.I found this very interesting and actually a bit time consuming. Before that assignment, I had never really described myself or even thought about it. It helped me gain confidence in myself and passion. Also, the assignment made me aware of who I was and what I wanted to become. To conclude my comment, I thanked Mr. Deyamport for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment