Wednesday, October 30, 2013

C4K Summary for October

C4K#4

Time Travel clock
For my fourth C4K assignment, I was assigned to Nisa in Mrs. Ripp’s class located in Madison, Wisconsin. Nisa didn’t have a post for the blogging challenge #3, so I chose one of her previous posts named “The past and future”. In this post, Nisa discussed how the past and the future are equally important. If she was able to go anywhere in the world, it would be to visit the past and the future. Nisa asked the question, “if you see something you don’t like in your future, would you try to change it?” . After asking that question, Nisa provided us with an example from a story she read that demonstrated the idea of changing something that will happen in the future. She stated without the past we wouldn’t have the present and without the present we wouldn’t have a future. Nisa concluded that she would like to go to the past and the future, ending with the quote, “ You never know what the future holds” .

My response:

In my response to Nisa’s post, I started off by applauding her on making valid statements. Next, I mentioned that her example on changing something that will happen in the future was very interesting and i liked the idea. I also agreed with Nisa on the past and the future being equally important. To conclude my response, I told Nisa that she did a great job overall and to keep blogging! Also, I included a link for my blog. Last, I closed my comment off with a question, asking, “If you could visit your past, would there be anything that you would change?”.

C4K #5

For my fifth C4K assignment, I was assigned to Cameron Pickle in Ms. Eppele ‘s class located in Canada. Ms. Eppele’s class is currently reading a story. Following each chapter they are to answer a question in a blog post. Chapters eight and nine blog assignment was to answer, “What themes or big ideas do you think that Sharon Draper is trying to get us to think about as we read these chapters?” . Cameron’s answer was that he thinks Sharon is trying to tell us in Melody, that disabled people are smart too.

My Response:

In my response to Cameron’s post, I first introduced myself as a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. Next, I applauded him on what he thought Sharon Draper was trying to tell us in Melody. I shared with him that I thought he did a great job describing it. Last, I agreed with him that we do need to see and understand people with disabilities.

C4K #6

For my sixth C4K, I was assigned to Delaney in Mrs. Schroeder fourth grade class. Delaney’s post discussed her big week at school, including all of the exciting things that went on. First, Delaney talked about her classroom skype session. Her and her peers hold skype conversations with another classroom from across the world. When holding these sessions each student is usually given a job to obtain. This particular week Delaney was in charge to type the different questions and answers that the other class asked her and her classmates. It was a little hard to keep up, but she got the job done. Another exciting event that went on this week was homecoming. She thought seeing everyone dressed in the same theme of clothing was AWESOME! Next, Delaney discussed “Read and Feed” in her class. Read and Feed is where the students get to bring their favorite food and a drink while reading their books. She chose to bring sprite for her drink this week. Last, she informed us that she has a T.N.T. project to work on with a classmate named Meghan. Delaney explained to her readers that T.N.T. stands for “Today not tomorrow”.

My Response:

In my comment to Delaney’s post I first introduced myself as a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. First, I applauded her on getting her duty done for the classroom skype session. I also made the comment about using “Feed and Read” in my classroom one day, I thought it was a great idea. Next, I told her how I enjoyed all of my homecomings and how excited she must be. Also, I asked Delaney what was her class’s theme for homecoming. Last, I wished Delaney and Meghan good luck on their T.N.T. project.

C4K #7

 Aidan
For my seventh C4K, I chose Aidan from Christchurch, New Zealand in Mr. Warren Grieve’s fifth grade class at Medbury School for Boys. Aidan posted a speech about rebuilding Christchurch targeting three major goals. His first goal was to make Christchurch a green city. Christchurch will need more open green areas, which will make it a more beautiful city. Aiden believes that making this city green will reduce air pollution and improve the presence of plants, trees, and parks. The second goal was to improve transportation. Aidan discussed the invention of a vehicle with no exhaust will reduce pollution around Christchurch. He would like to see alternative routes for bikes and cyclist. This will make the city better and safe to live in. Aidan’s last goal was to improve the culture and entertainment of Christchurch. He discussed how great it would be if the children had more activities and playgrounds. One idea was having a slide in the shape of a Kiwi. Aidan would develop more workshops for the children to participate in building new things. He described this idea as a Kids fest all year round.

My Response:In my response to Aidan’s speech, I first introduced myself as an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. Next, I stated how I enjoyed reading his speech about rebuilding Christchurch. I applauded him on his great ideas on improving his city. Last, I informed him that his idea of developing a slide in the shape of a Kiwi was awesome and really stood out to me. To conclude my comment, I encouraged Aiden to keep up the good work and creativity.

C4K #8

Freedom of Speech
For my C4K #8, I was assigned to Annarose in an online Government/Civics course. This online course is instructed at a school for girls in Oregon. Annarose’s post discussed the first amendment and how she learned to love it. Freedom of speech does not prevent what is known as hateful speech. If someone is offended by another’s speech and does not believe that person should have made that offensive comment, both parties are still entitled to their own opinion and neither voices can be muted unless violence is provoked. The first amendment is designed to permit any type of speech that is not expected to incite violence. Annarose provided examples based on facts from the United States .

My Response:

First, I introduced myself as a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. Next, I applauded Annarose on her post and stated that she was a very intelligent young lady. Then, I made a comment on how I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if we don’t agree on another’s speech.Also, I let Annarose know that I learned how to love the first amenedment just as she did. I closed my comment with “great job!” and encouraged her to keep blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment