Tuesday, October 8, 2013

C4T #2

C4T #2, comment 1
 Amelia and Miss She

My first C4T #2 was on “You Got Snapped!" by Miss Jenny She. Miss She told a story about one of her students named Tatiana, who snapped a photo of her. One day during “inquiry learning”, Miss she explained to her students how to leave encouraging comments on their classmates blogs. After the class discussion, the students were given twenty minutes to take part in an activity of choice. While helping another student record, Tatiana took a photo of Miss She in action. “You got snapped!” yelled Tatiana. Miss She immediate reaction was, “Show me!” . Miss she immediately glorified Tatiana’s photography skills. The moral of the story is that Tatiana was able to use the knowledge that she has gained to create something of her own.

My Response:
In my response to Miss She’s post, I told her how I really enjoyed reading “You Got Snapped!” . I discussed how the use of technology in classrooms is very important and helpful. I praised Miss She on how she glorified Tatiana’s photography skills. I also mentioned that encouraging students will excite them and make them more engaged in their activities.

C4T#2, comment 2

Two Students in Miss Jenny SHe classroom using IPads
For my second C4K#2 I chose a previous post from Miss Jenny She because her blog hasn't been updated. The post I chose was “Ipads in My Classroom!”. In this post Jenny discussed how her class was chosen to experience the IPads. She was excited about using them with her students because they will provide an extra meaningful activity for the them. Miss She explained how it easy it was to operate the IPad, children as young as three years old are capable of operating this tool. She shared some applications that she downloaded that were all literacy and math oriented. Miss Jenny She then discussed how during literacy time she would use the “READ ME” app with her students that allowed them to listen to stories. During math time students were able to learn how to add and subtract in a fun interactive way using the applications. The students knew which activity to go to by looking at the task boards posted on Miss She’s wall. She also shared that she used the IPads as a behavior management tool.

My Response:

In my comment to Miss She I first introduced myself for the second time. Next, I explained to her how mind blowing it is that children as young as three years old can work an IPad. I told her how I have little cousins the age of one and two that can operate this tool. It is so amazing! I agreed with her on using different apps will engage the students and excite them to do their work. Last, I congratulated Miss She on her class being chosen to experiment with the IPads.

No comments:

Post a Comment