Tuesday, October 1, 2013

C4KSummary for September

C4K #1

For my first C4K assignment, I was assigned to Paige in Mrs. Martin's second block class. The assignment for Paige was to express what she believed in and give a personal experience that went along with her belief. Paige chose the topic "Love". She opened her post with a quote from Barbara De Angelis,“Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible – it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession ever could”. I was very excited Paige chose this topic because it is also one of my personal beliefs. She discussed her on and off relationship with her boyfriend, who was tried as an adult for murder and sentenced a year in jail. Paige explained how miserable she was waiting a year for his release. No matter what obstacles got in their way, she believed in fighting and holding on to what she loved. As of now, Paige and her boyfriend have been in a relationship for a little over two years.

My Response:

In my response to Paige’s blog post, I first mentioned that I adored her belief. Also, I glorified her on the wellness of explaining her belief. I notified Paige that her real life event gave me an insight on how passionate she is. I told Paige that from reading her post, I can assume that she is a strong believer and will not give up on anything or anyone she cares about. I also loved her opening quote by Barbara De Angelis. I informed Paige that quotes can make a blog post very interesting and will leave the readers wanting more.Along with my response, I included a link to my blog for Paige to visit.

C4K #2

Helen's "My Winter Holiday" post discussed her vacation to Brazil. During the first beach visit, she saw a small tortoise and a school of fish that swam past her feet. Helen also got the opportunity to visit one of the many giant beaches in Brazil called "Praia Brava", which means "rough beach" . To conclude,She enjoyed spending her winter in Brazil and was left with many memories.

My Response:

In my response to Helen’s blog post, I first told her that I enjoyed reading about her winter holiday Brazil. I mentioned that where I live there are two beaches that i can visit throughout the year called Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. I stated that being able to the enjoy the site of a beach in brazil must have been amazing! I also said that I hope to visit “Praia Brava” someday. Along with my response, I included a link to my blog for helen to visit.

C4k #3

Rocky's family portrait

For my third C4K, I was assigned to Rocky in Miss King’s seventh grade class. Rocky’s post, Waitangi Trip, discussed making connections with his family. During his trip, Rocky found out that Hone Heke a maori Chief of Ngapuhi was his tupuna. A tupuna is defined to be an ancestor. Rocky also discovered that his tupuna fought in musket wars. Rocky claimed that the highlight of his week in Waitangi was discovering his whanau. A whanau is a word for “extended family” . In this post, he included a photo of him standing in front of a wall with family portraits. This was very interesting because it showed me how big of a “whanau” Rocky has.

My Response:

Hi Rocky! My name is Chastity Westry. I am a student at the University of South Alabama taking a course called EDM310 that assigned me to your post. I also have a blog, www.westrychastityedm310.blogspot.com .

In my response to Rocky’s blog post I told him that I really enjoyed reading about his Waitangi trip. I mentioned that finding out his Tupuna was the Chief of Ngapuhi and served in musket wars had to be mind blowing. Also, I commented that I really liked his photo of him standing by a wall of family portraits. I encouraged Rocky to keep blogging. Along with my response, I included a link to my blog for Rocky to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment