Wednesday, November 13, 2013

C4K Summary for November

C4K #9

Jordan blogging
For my ninth C4K, I was assigned to Jordan in Mr. Marks sixth grade class. Jordan’s blog post was a story called, “I Heard a Whisper, But No One was There”. He had four main characters that were farmers and one was a fox. The farmers were Healy, Kealy, and Calvin. In the story, the three farmers were working on the farm and heard a whisper. They looked around to see where this whisper was coming from, but all they saw was a fox. The next day as the famers were working in the same spot, the same exact whisper was heard again. Immediately the farmers searched for wherever the whisper was coming from. Again, there was the fox. To conclude Jordan’s story, the whispering was coming from the fox. He wanted the farmers to have a party with him on the farm and to sing sing-a-longs.

My Response:

In my response to Jordan’s story, I first introduced myself as an EDM 310 student at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading his story. I thought that he was very creative with his characters and plot. My favorite part of the story was when the fox asked the farmers to join him in a party on the farm. All in all, Jordan did a great job on his post and I encouraged him to keep blogging.

C4K #10

Chumash shelter
For my tenth C4K, I was assigned to Chloe in Mrs. Yollis’s third grade class. Chloe’s recent post, “Awesome ‘AP”, discussed her trip to Ojai. In Ojai, she learned about the Chumash Native American tribe. One thing Chloe was most interested in was the Chumash shelter, which was known as an ‘ap. These huts were made out of hay and straw. Chloe said that the ‘aps reminded her of the three little pigs, except the big bad wolf won’t be able to blow this particular ‘ap down.
CHumash shelter
The huts were usually made to 20-30 feet tall with an opening on the roof. Also, they were built in a dome like manner for rain to trickle down during bad weather. During this bad weather, the Chumash people would cover the opening on the roof and entrance with animal skin. Inside the ‘ap was a fireplace surrounded by stones and stumps for seating.

My Response:

In my comment to Chloe, I first introduced myself as an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading her post. Before Chloe’s post, I was unaware of the Chumash Native American tribes. She provided a great amount of information about their shelter with pictures. All in all her post was very well put together and thought out. I thanked Chloe for sharing her post and encouraged her to keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment