Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog Assignment #3

Peer Editing

Have you ever written or typed something and realized a few mistakes you've made? The mistakes can be as simple as a misplaced period or the misspelling of a simple word. Peer editing can be a very positive resource to your writing. Peer editing consists of helping someone your own age, improve or revise their writing. There are three important steps to follow when peer editing. First, it is very important that you always remain POSITIVE! Taking feedback personally is a good way to ruin a quality peer review. The three steps to peer editing are making compliments, suggestions, and corrections. You can make compliments by pointing out an idea that stood out the most and why. When making suggestions, they should be specific and detailed. Make suggestions on their organization of ideas and choice of words. It is also important to be specific on what is being corrected. Locate any grammar and punctuation errors with editing marks. I think peer editing is a very helpful method that will be used in EDM 310. It will allow my peers and me to improve our writing. Critiquing another individual's work may seem harsh. But I think it is important that we get comfortable doing so, because of our field choice. My peers and I will need to be strong leaders and good critics in order to bring up a well educated generation of students. I will deliver my feedback in a public and private manner. Delivering feedback publicly can help another individual out, rather than just one.

" If you don't care about the process, it will ruin everything"

REMEMBER: stay POSITIVE!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chastity!

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post on peer editing. I agree with you, peer editing is a helpful method to use in EDM310. I also agree that editing is going to be apart of our field profession and that we must be strong leaders and good critics to our students. My only suggestions are that the words errors and another are misspelled.Other than that your article was great. You wrote a great post and I loved your images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have you ever wrote or typed something and realized a few mistakes you've made?" written, not wrote

    "The mitsakes can be as simple as a misplaced period or the mispelling of a simple word." mistakes, mistakes

    " writing.Peer editing consist of helping someone,your own age," Space needed before Peer; consists, not consist; space needed after someone,

    " punctuation erros with editing marks." errors, not erros

    "will allow my peers and I to improve our writing.Critiquing another individuals work" me, not I; space needed before Critiquing; individual's, not individuals

    "comfortable doing so , because of our field choice." Remove the space before the comma.

    "My peers and i will need to be strong leaders and good critiques in order to bring up a well educated generation of students." Capitalize I; critics, not critiques

    "I will deliver my feedback both in a public and private manner." Remove both from this sentence

    "Delievering feedback publicly can help aother individual out , rather than just one." Delivering, not Delievering; remove the space before the comma (after out).

    Did you proofread this post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly I did not proofread properly! Thanks Dr. Strange, corrections have been made!

      Delete